Modern School in Nagpur proudly hosts an NCC troop, which is attached to 2 (Mah) Air Sqn NCC Unit. The NCC troop at Modern School plays a vital role in instilling discipline, patriotism, and a sense of duty among its 50 enthusiastic cadets.
Under the mentorship of F/O Mahendra Shah, a seasoned officer with a wealth of experience, the cadets undergo comprehensive training in NCC and leadership skills. The NCC troop actively engages in various activities such as Aero-modelling, Microlite flying, Foot Drill, and Flying experience on simulators. Apart from this cadets are actively engaged in various social service activities like tree plantation, awareness rallies, poster competition on various social issues.
The troop serves as a breeding ground for future leaders, fostering qualities of teamwork, resilience, and a commitment to community service. Cadets actively participate in Annual Training Camps, where they undergo intensive training, honing their skills and gaining valuable experiences. Range firing exercises further enhance their proficiency and discipline.
Modern School’s NCC troop, as part of the 2 (Mah) Air Sqn NCC Unit stands as a testament to the institution’s commitment to producing well-rounded individuals. The program not only prepares cadets for potential careers in the armed forces but also instills values that will serve them well in any chosen field. The troop of 50 cadets, under the expert guidance of F/O Mahendra Shah, reflects the school’s dedication to nurturing disciplined, patriotic, and responsible citizens of the future.
Motto of NCC:
एकता और अनुशासन (Unity & Discipline)
DG’s four Cardinal Principles of Discipline
- Obey with a smile
- Be Punctual
- Work hard and without fuss
- Make no excuses and tell no lies
Aims of NCC
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.